12.31.2006

Oh The Memories

So now that the earth is back in rotation I guess its time to make a blog post! Over the weekend I picked myself up a magazine, F1 Racing Magazine! I haven't really read a magazine since the huge dissappointment which was Racer... and since Racer Magazine I have learned! I will not be subscribing to F1 Racing untill I read 2 issues(I will pick up the January issue asap). I read F1 Racing faster then I've ever read a magazine, I just couldn't put it down! The December issue is actually a tribute issue to M. Shumacher (surprise surprise) but the issue was also filled with other things like the F1 Racing Magazine's 'Man of the Year', a fan survey/open debate on the future of F1, an article on Nelson Piquet .Jr, an article on Jenson Button's father, the problems of mclaren, ect. Jenson Button actually wrote for the magazine in a past issue, so I've heard.... But Peter Windsor does write for them on a regular basis. Also just to let you all know... Skype is no longer going to be free to call land lines in the US and Canada starting January 1st! But none to worry because you can sign up for the unlimited calling in us & canada for only 15 dollars a year, but you gotta sign up soon because on January 30th they are bumping it up to 30 bucks a year. I have enjoyed my year of free calling even though I only really started using it half way threw the year. I've been listening to the TWIT podcast network for a while now... as have I been watching Diggnation for a while. And I was a HUGE Tech TV(and i mean huge!) fan back when it was good. Anyways.... recently I've been watching alot of the old Screen Savers episodes on You Tube. And I gotta tell you... It is great, every day I try to watch an episode or two (even though I've already seen the episodes :P) I... Still am a little bitter about the whole G4 thing but... in a sense this is better! Everyone (that matters) from the old tech tv have broke off and created their own network of shows. and you know what... I think soon enough they will all come together and it will be the screensavers all over again just...better somehow! I watched the indigital holiday episode... that was great to see a few of the old members together but myself... I am not a fan of Jessica or InDigital for that matter... Podcasts/vidcasts are great because they are A) avaiable for everyone and B) you can watch them at your own leisure. It would be great! Having a huge network, trying to recreate what was Tech TV back in the day. I know leo is really busy with his 20 podcasts but i think what would work is having shifts. Monday-Wednesday would be Kevin, Alex, Sarah, and Yoshi. and on Thursday and Friday we would have Patrick, Leo, Cat, and Andy Walker. Plus we could have other shows like unscrewed, and their current projects like the revision 3 network. It would be great! I doubt it will happen but as leo said, everyone kinda broke apart and did their own thing and soon they will all come together again. It's a pretty steep dream and I'm sure they would all be up for it. Oh the greatness which was Tech TV... It was so good... and then some how g4 managed to mess it up. Anyways... I really hope they merge all the projects they are doing seperatly together soon! kinda like that undotv thing chris was talking about a while back... Anyway... I will keep you posted on any great break threw. Here is a link to some old screensavers episodes hope you enjoy them as much as I have :) LINK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home