10.24.2006

A Rough Come Back

Today I decided to get back into Sim Racing. Not that I wasn't planning on it or anything just things have been hectic and I haven't been able to race lately. And to my surprise its not a very smooth transition from inactive to fully active. When coming back into the race you feel like it should all come back to you but it doesn't... You still no the braking lines and the turn in points but your just missing something... I think its the familiarity to each car. For example I jump into the Caterham and I enter the corner downshift smoothly turn in perfectly and but then I must relearn the car and where I can begin accelerating again. I jump into my favorite car the FO8 and I am concentrating on throttle control more then any thing else where that used to be second nature to me, Its very hard to explain... I can turn a decent lap but I don't feel comfortable or familular with the car. It is almost as if all my experience with each car has been lost due to lack of racing. "If you don't do it, you don't have it" It just proves that you cant just expect to pick up where you left off. You don't lose everything, your just a few seconds slower until you rebuild your relationship with the car. Its not a loss of skill or talent just a missed step, like a skipped beat. Do I feel like I can race in a herd of 21 right now...yes But at the moment Im not completely comfortable with the car never mind other racers... Anyways I will continue to race and soon enough I shall be turning great laps. The construction guys are still working on my house so I'm not back fully just yet, but I do plan on racing daily even if its not many laps. I may have to stick close to desktop though... Because Knights kinda stuck there at the moment. The LIL intro is taking amazingly long to render which is our main set back because that is using knights computer 24/7. We expect the rendering to be done on Monday but don't give your hopes up. Oh and Knight seems to want to get this podcast started soon so we can wrap up the 06 Formula 1 season. Which I am fine with but I dont really want to to rush into this and then have the second episode come out months later. I want everything to be set up and we can go forward with it not start it and take a break while waiting to find another host. So if you are racing fan and would enjoy being our third host please contact me because we would like to debut with the same members as we plan on having year round. In other news Pontiac is set to become the first major automaker to establish a presence in Second Life. Which isn't a surprise because there is money to be had in that little virtual world... Lets just hope it doesn't get crowded with ads and company's. I personally think that Second Life is way over rated... I played it.... Its not for everyone but I can see how one could enjoy the game. But the game has its problems and can't see more companies bombarding Second Life until the bugs and glitches are worked out. Other then that we have Hyundai wanting to get into Formula One... And I am not surprised but budget isn't everything but it sure doesn't hurt. I can't think of one person I know that would even consider cheering for a hyundai f1 car... Once again thanks for reading, but if you are still reading this on anorexicpillow.blogspot.com please rebookmark this as http://www.anorexicpillow.com there I have my huge gallery and my soon to come podcasts. Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home