11.12.2006

Shipit? Sure Why Not?

Over the weekend I got my Ubuntu CD in the mail... It's great! Ubuntu is a Linux distro which is meant to be an easy switch from windows. I used to run Knoppix and Phlaks and even Mandrake but I think this is the first time I've actually sat down and got into Linux. I liked it so much that I ordered 5 CDs of Kubuntu which is much like Ubuntu except instead of running on gnome it runs on kde. One thing that encouraged me to get back into Linux is the ShipIt Program... which is completely free to the end user. That was the one thing I disliked about Linux was the downloading of a massive iso then to burn it to disk and then hope that it works :P But with Ubuntu, Kubuntu, and Edubuntu they ship it to you for free, it may take a month or two but you get a complete live and install disc which is easy to install and fun to use. Any ways if you want to get yourself a good free operating system then check out www.ubuntu.com. In other news this week Valentino Rossi tested a DTM AMG Mercedes at Hockenheim and did pretty well... I would probably watch dtm if he were to get a contract there, I like motorcylces and all but I never really got into watching MotoGP. In other racing news Sam Hornish, Helio Castroneves, and Katherine Legge are signed up to race at the 24 hours of Daytona in late January. Speaking of Legge, alot of people seem to be blaming the crash from earlier today on her... I sadly only caught the tail end of that race and from what I saw it was a great race. I saw a few blown front rights, a few hits in the pits and nothing but Wilson and Bourdais fighting for first for the last 5 laps. Great racing between those two and Wilson was a great sport over Bourdais' very controversial pass. I think the pass was fine! That is racing! But the commentators were very annoying through out the race and especially when they referred to bourdais pass as "Tracy like".... which is total bs because Bourdais had a chance to make the pass and had the inside line unlike tracy where he just drove into their side... either way I think the pass was perfectly fine! Tracy btw missed the Mexico race because of his injury which he got while driving his atv like a moron :) Other then that this Tuesday on Speed Racer, we hope to see some actual racing! So far its been nothing but egos and smack talk so racing will be a great relief. Anyways thats all for this week thank you for reading. If you are still reading my blog here please rebookmark my blog as www.anorexicpillow.com There I have my huge gallery and soon to come podcasts :)Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home