11.20.2006

NHL 07

This is my first NHL game for the PC... The only others I have played were on consoles and from what I saw.. they are very much alike. The last NHL game I bought previous to 07 was 05 for the xbox and they are very similar. The only major difference is the roster and the menu.. from a gamers point of view at least :P everything seems about the same including the commentary which is very repetitive at best, I've heard some people say that the game would feel naked with out it but me... I would do just fine with out hearing the same 10 phrases threw out the hour and a half of playing. Most of the time I just turn down everything but the sound effects and start up a podcast. One thing I wish they could get around to fixing is the stupid replay mode... It is rather annoying to work and is even worse for screenshots due to the arrows and other junk they leave on the screen. The other problem I have with NHL 2007 is that it just isn't fluent, from awkward hip checks to lag/glitching back a few steps. Other then those few problem I am enjoying the game, I actually just won my first Stanley Cup and can't wait for the second :) there were alot of great pictures that flashed up on the screen while in the playoffs but I didn't have fraps on nor the correct video card settings next time I will be sure to catch those. But at least I got away with this one :P In Other news Knight has finally set a release date for the LFS Indy Invitational broadcast and it will be on November 30th! It is in print so lets hope this deadline actually gets met ;) Another bit of good news is Star Racer is finally heating up and picking up the pace! They have finally got in the cars and started driving... and as expected Devin is kicking ass! Sadly Jen Remple is gone its ashame the 2 morons that spun during brake practice didn't get kicked :P Either way it is on Tuesdays at 10 EST on the Discovery Channel! Sadly I haven't been on Ubuntu for about a week.. I've been rather busy watching The King of Queens and playing NHL 07 on XP. With Michael Richards in the news so much I decided to compile a bit of audio from 2 of my favorite daily talk shows and host them it on you tube. The Wise Guys also went on and on about it but that went on threw out the whole show so if you want you can listen to the episode yourself. I also disagree with them, I'm 100% behind Jimmy's opinion. The wiseguys were too much of the opinion that he will never work again and shouldn't be allowed to because of this. Either way here is the link to it so go check that out it's well worth a listen! We can't say that he is a racist! 30 second clip out of a what... a 45 minute set? We have no idea what the heckler was saying before he went off, we only have footage from after the fact once it has gone too far. It's like this... if you kick me where it hurts I will kick you where it hurts. I doubt Richards was just frustrated with them making noise in the crowd they were obviously annoying him for far too long! For what we heard he said that Richards sucked and wasn't funny... right there you can justify Richards for getting upset thats like being told what you do for a living, something you strive and work on day in and day out is worthless. Like Orny Adams once said about a heckler "I am a confident professional so shut the fuck up and let me do my routine!" Yes Richards took it a little too far but hey what can you do. It's a double standard for sure because there is no problem with saying cracker but you cant say "the N word"... Anywho total BS think what you will :) If you are still reading this on anorexicpillow.blogspot.com please rebookmark my blog as www.anorexicpillow.com :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home