1.16.2007

Race Tech Radio Episode #2

Episode #2 - January 16, 2007

This week on the show:-
- A1GP Results - 2007 F1 Rules & Regulations - Ross Brawn's Return? - Dario Franchitti is Confirmed at AGR - Star Racer Winner - Richard Hammond Back - The New Call For Help - Ubuntu Review - Apple TV & the iPhone

____________________________________________________________

Alright so it is out now! Episode 2 of Race Tech Radio is out for all to enjoy. Now that we have started it will continue to be weekly threw out the year :) So the iPhone was announced at Mac World Expo and... what a surprise. It caught just about everyone by surprise! Rumor after rumor, in development for 2 and a half years, working with 3 major companies, and still was a huge surprise to just about everyone! The phone by far exceeded our expectations. Now... like everything it too has its down sides. 4gig and 8gig, short battery life, no removable battery and no 3rd party app support. That's all I can think of! Now keep in mind this is first gen and will be changed over the years untill it's perfect. If you were to ignore the phone part of it and just use it for the other tools it is essentially a PocketMac! And let me tell you... it blows my pocketpc out of the water. I would take OSX over Windows Mobile 5 anyday! Now the Apple TV.... I'm not so excited about. I was excited when it was announced back in September but now not so much. You can't sit on your couch and download movies and music, you have to go to your computer buy them off of itunes, and then sync it. anyways the whole keynote is available on apple.com you can watch the whole thing (2 hours) or just the iPhone half. On a personal note... Today I was at Chapters which is a big book store throughout Canada. While looking at a few books about Ubuntu a guy came down the isle and started to talk to me about Ubuntu! It's rare to see someone that knows what Linux is never mind is running it as their main OS. It really showed me that Linux is no long just for the elite and is becoming more popular. Ubuntu, by far being the front runner and main contributor to Linux's success among the less tech savvy people that just want their computer to work. I can't quite remember who it was but someone on a TWIT podcast did their predictions for '07 and the person predicts that it will be an Operating System war like none other. He said that there will be 3 competitors this year. Those three being (Windows) Vista, (OSX10.5) Leopard, and (Ubuntu6.10)Edgy Eft. Don't get me wrong, Linux has came a long way in these past few years and last year being one of the most successful, I definantly see a future here! Now... is it this year? I'm not too sure about that... I just don't see Ubuntu being as popular as Windows in 2007. But I do believe that Ubuntu will be, by far the best OS of the 3 in '07. As for popularity I still think it's going to take a few years for Ubuntu to gain the status of being a house hold name. I don't think it will take too much longer seeming that Ubuntu jumped to the top of the charts very soon after its release back in '04.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home