2.07.2007

Race Tech Radio #5

Episode #5 - February 6, 2007





This week on the show:
- A1GP Results
- Marco Andretti Tests Again
- The First P2P PVR
- Motorola's HD DVR
- The Zune Under Pressure
- The New Colored iPod Shuffles
- First Footage of SimCity DS
- Darwinia Upgrades to Vista
- DailyNoise Sloppy Seconds

It's out! Luckily the racing season isn't too far off because this was such a slow week for racing news... Anyways RTR#5 is available for download so feel free to take a listen to that. I know alot of you may be upset about this but... I decided to scrap The Best of WTH?!? idea. The main reason is the massive amount of audio they produced. But the other reasons are along the lines of being bored... I have already heard all the WTH?!? episodes, some even multiple times. But... I am going to be doing a weekly wrap up of Daily Noise. Sloppy Seconds shall be the name and it will be available every Friday night-Saturday morning. The reason why I decided to do this instead of the WTH best of is because this... Dailynoise has a pace, it's 2 hours of audio a day 5 days a week and I listen to dailynoise anyways. Where WTH is just sitting there and I just couldn't get into like I am into Daily Noise. Also this will be much much shorter, the first weeks round up of Dailynoise was about an hour and 20minutes where WTH!?! has 130 3hour shows. Not only is that a fuck load of audio to sift through but it's going be a huge end product. So you can get Dailynoise Sloppy Seconds every week HERE, it will also be playing when they are not on the air live. Now that I am editing audio so often I'm seriously considering switching to mac. Not that Audition isn't doing an awesome job it's just I feel a mac would execute the projects a lot smoother and I wouldn't be trapped in windows. Seeming that I started to do Dailynoise Sloppy Seconds mid week I was stuck there(Windows) for the remainder of the week. Adobe sure made my stay on Windows a graceful one :) Adobe definitely has some great programs. I am comfortable with Macromedia Fireworks because that is what I started on, I don't know what it is about The Gimp but I just can't get into it. In Fireworks I feel like I'm home and everything is so simple. The other program that made my stay on Windows so much better was Adobe Audition. Adobe Audition is just so easy to use compared to Audacity... Yet Linux is so much better then Windows so go figure. Great examples of how open source software isn't always better. But for the price of the Adobe suite I can see how people shy away from it. Audacity just needs a few tweaks so it is as fluent as Audition. For the most part I am a fan of Adobe... There has been word that Adobe may kill off Fireworks which will lead me to either stick with my older version or learn Photoshop. I haven't used all the Adobe products but out of the ones I have tried the worst one is Adobe Reader... I have switched to Foxit Reader on all platforms because its so light weight, where Adobe Reader is bloatware. The most uncomfortable part of being on Windows was because I felt rather disconnected... On Linux I have all my rss feeds set up and being away from Linux for a whole week was a terrible feeling. Although while on Windows I did check the odd site like Digg and Engadget but I was too far from the know that I am usually used to. Luckily it was a terribly slow week in all genres of news... Once getting back from my 5 days on windows I only had 487 new stories in my rss feeder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home